Canvas “Immersive Reader” is a learning tool that gives students assistance with translation and reading. To access the tool, select the “Immersive Reader” button in the upper right hand corner of Canvas Pages. That will open a new window where you can have the content read aloud, adjust voice settings, edit text preferences, grammar options, and reading preferences.
Log into any of your Canvas courses and click on the Immersive Reader button located at the top right of the page.
Below is what Immersive Reader looks like once opened. You have the below options
- Change the font size, spacing and color
- Show syllables and parts of speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs)
- Translate in any language by individual words or entire document
- The Green Circle at the bottom of the page allows you to have the content read to you.
- The speaker icon to the right of the Play button gives additional options on how to have the content read back to you.