Click here to read the February newsletter from California Homeless Youth Project, which contains information on college transition, disability intersection, real cost of college, and juvenile justice.
In compliance with the Student Voter Registration Act of 2003 (Elections Code sections 2145-2148) we are providing a meaningful opportunity for our 18 year old students to register to vote. Please note that while only students turning 18 years of age prior to any election are eligible to vote, California law now allows 16 and 17 year olds to pre-register to vote.
- OmniTrans Current Postings
- Kaiser Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Patton Sales Job Postings
- Selector II
- Information Technology Assistant
- Checker Loader IV
- Acronic Job Openings
- US Border Control is Hiring- Live Event on April 7th, 2020
- Navy Exchange Hiring in Chino
The County of San Bernardino Workforce Development Department is offering the CalWorks Youth Employment Program (CYEP) and the CalWORKs Subsidized Employment Program (CSEP).
Use the links below for more information:
- Back to School Events 2018
- Community Action Partnership of San Bernardino – March 2018
- County Approved Transitional Age Youth (TAY)
- CWE – Community Wholeness and Enrichment Program
- Everything You Need to Know about the FAFSA in 2018: Steps, Problem Solving & Expert Advice for College Financial Aid
- Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS)
- Transition Resource Directory
- Victor Community Support Services
Please use this link to learn more about The Community Pantry Program in San Bernardino and the dates and locations at which you can find resources.
Click here to learn more about Free Mental Health Support during COVID19.
Click here to learn more about Drive-Thru testing in San Bernardino County.
Click here to learn more about Free Mental Health Services for students during COVID19.
Click here to learn more about SoCalGasCAREs.
Click here to read more about the Executive Order for Expanded Child Care.
Click here to learn more about Community Resources near you via IE Connect.
Desert/Mountain Children’s Center Resource’s which include:
- Food & Clothing
- Bill Assistance
- Child Care/Preschool
- Medical Care
- Training, Tutoring and Seminars
- Facebook and Social Media, 2 hours.
- Resume development and update.
- Computer use (basic), 4 hours..
- Soft Skills, Verbal Communication and Customer Service, 6.5 hrs.
- Basic Leadership: The 5 Levels of Leadership, 6.5 hrs.
- Academic Scholarship Acquisition Assistance
- Website design and updating
- Computer repair and system restoration (basic)
- Computer Rentals (HP laptop use) on-site or takeaway
- Resume update
- Typing and Mailing
You can enroll in school even if you have:
- Uncertain Housing
- A Temporary Address
- No Permanent Physical Address
Click here for more Enrollment Information for Homeless & Foster Youth.
With the Family Support List you can find the names, locations and contact information for the following areas:
- East Highland
- North Victorville
- San Bernardino
Foster Care Ombudsperson announced at the Child Welfare Policy Roundtable that the office would remain open and available to respond to requests seven days a week. The number is 1-877-846-1602.
The office of the Foster Care Ombudsperson was established by California Legislature in 1998 to disseminate information about foster children’s rights and investigate and resolve complaints made by foster youth regarding their care, placement, and services.
“Transforming Lives Through the Power of Work”
Click here for more information on:
- Goodwill Locations
- Events & Discounts
- How to Donate
Due to the COVID-19 crisis Helping Hands Pantry will be continuing its regular services and is adding home delivery for seniors and shut-ins. This program is active now and to receive this service you must go to https://helpinghandspantry.org/programs/delivery-service/ and follow the directions. They are serving the communities of San Bernardino, Redlands, Loma Linda, Grand Terrace, Highland, Mentone, Yucaipa, Colton, Rialto, and Fontana.
Heroes Warehouse has furniture for Veterans, active duty, reservists and their families who are in need.
Please visit this link for more details:
*Must bring your DD214 or Veteran ID.
“Helping Our Homeless Achieve Self-Sufficiency”
Click here for more information from the High Desert Homeless Services regarding:
- Single & Family Temporary Housing
- Transportation Services
Click here for more information from the San Bernardino County Office of Homeless Services regarding:
- Homeless Provider Network
- Food Distributors
- Emergency Solutions
- Emergency Shelters
303 E. Vanderbilt Way
San Bernardino, CA 92415
Ph: (909) 386-8297
Fax: (909) 890-0868
Click here for information on support for students and families affected by the Camp Fire.
As part of the Colonies Holiday Miracles event, Mark Christopher Auto Center and Colonies Partners are supporting the donation of a new Chevrolet Spark!
Click here for a copy of the application.
- Please see application for criteria
- Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Download/View PDF
- 3.0 GPA only applicable to students going to a 4 year college or university (no exceptions)
- Deadline: May 1st, 2018
- Download/View PDF
2018 SALSA Student Scholarship
- Please see application for additional information
- Deadline: Applications received after April 20, 2018 will not be accepted
- All applications and requirements (two letters of recommendation, a copy of their high school transcripts, first page of current I.E.P, and essay ) must be COMPLETED and POSTMARKED by May 1, 2018. Late applications will not be allowed. Also, any essays not specific to our topic (i.e. a college entrance essay), are automatically disqualified.
- Deadline: Completed and Postmarked by May 1, 2018
- Download Application
- 2018 CALLCF Deadline: June 1, 2018
- CA Latino Legislative Caucus Foundation Scholarship Program
- Deadline: 03.23.18 at 4:00 PM
- Deadline: April 11, 2018
www.Victor.org is comprised of three agencies that provide a wide array of services and supports to people of all ages. Through our various programs, we offer people hope, skills and tangible solutions to assist them in leading productive, successful lives.