The Excelsior Aviation, Medicine and Engineering Academy has a very exciting, vocationally-oriented medical program. Our students are able to learn in a hands-on environment by using simulated auscultation (breathing), and blood flow simulation mannequins. These training aides are state of the art allowing our junior and senior high school students to learn preventative and life saving measures on two simulated lifelike training mannequins.
Our medical program includes the following:
- Pharmacy Technician 1 (State certificated program)
- Pharmacy Technician 2 (State certificated program. Part of Pharm 1)
- Emergency Medical Responder (State certificated program)
- Sports Fitness and Nutrition
- Fire Science
- Sports Medicine
- All of our medical students complete the CPR certification process
In addition to trying to make learning fun and teach appropriate social skills, our main goal is to prepare your student to be immediately ready to continue their college or vocational education upon high school graduation.
Now enrolling for the 2015-16 school year. All vocational programs have a limited number of spots available and are filled on a first-come first-served basis.